Monday, May 23, 2005

Wisdom and the wind, free texting again

Please always read things about Native traditions and culture with wisdom, discernment, and discretion.

 

Not all things written are fact. Not all things spoken are true. Your heart must weigh the entirety of a reading. Indeed we should read all things with care.

 

Once a friend told me all this in simple words: "You must chew up the meat and spit out the bones."

 

I wondered how was I supposed to know the difference when I read so many things and have so much to learn.  I don't feel like I have any wisdom. It did not seem so simple, and at times, it still isn't.

 

But I am learning. Bones will stick in your throat and choke you. You will not be able to breath in and out the very breath of life or pneuma.  It will kill you.

 

False words and false teachings can be that way...whether written or just simply said. They will attack the soul and spirit and choke the very life that the Creator has given us.

 

((( I give God no name. I simply call Him Creator at this time in my life for He is all and makes all things and to Him all things  come forth and return. )))

 

It is our responsibility to use wisdom and discretion, to weigh words with truth ....and see if the words bring life or death to the soul and spirit of a man.

It is hard to be sensitive to the spirit within us. The world around us calls and beacons and demands attention, while the still small voice of wisdom from the Creator is as a gentle breeze in the wind; almost indiscernable in the night.

 

At times I wonder what wisdom really is.  But I think that it is the ability to feel the inner soul, to know the inner spirit. To listen to that inner knowing and trust it.

 

Poison can kill us, slowly or some types can kill us rapidly. Words are that way to our inner self. They can tear us down or build us up. They can give hope, or take away the desire to fight and live and become victorious.

 

Perhaps it is a duty to ourselves that the Creator gives us. To read and hear and listen and to speak in wisdom.

 

 

No comments: