Monday, September 18, 2006

My journey to the Native American festival

This weekend I was blessed with being able to attend the Native American Festival at the Ocmulgee Native American Indian Mounds in Georgia.
 
 
I loved wathcing the dancers and performers and found myself enthralled with so many new artists there. Naturally I bought several new hair items which I have always called hair jewelry.

There is a wonderful new Native artist and I will enclose his link below. His work is exceptional and he is a man of few spoken words but his hands have the healers touch and ways.

http://www.ndn-artist.com/

My little Italian Greyhound Reddy backed up next to him and just relaxed like I have never seen. The artist put aside his wares and began a massage like I have never seen done and was able to even rub and massage Reddy's feet.

There is a big noticable difference watching someone "pet" the dog and watching this man's hands. And, if you knew Reddy, he hates his paws touched. (((He thinks you will clip his nails and he hates that.)))

This artist is Dine' from the Navajo Nation and each piece of his work tells a story, of which I was able to obtain several new pieces that he is doing not yet on his site. Please visit his site when you get the chance.

Rex A. Begaye
 
Reddy height 15 inches and like a miniture deer (actually miniture toy greyhound)
 

No comments: