Saturday, October 8, 2011

Ann, need your help to find history on a Kenneth Su

Hi, I was given a gift for completing my bacherlors degree. It is a lovely painting of oil on canvus done in likely the 1970s. I know the artists name is Kenneth Su but I do not have any tribal history of the artist Kenneth Su at all. I would do anything to find out about him. Can you help me? He is supposed to be part native himself but I cant really get anwhere finding out his personal history. Help me if you can.My grandmother and grandpa are both  deceased so cannot help me at all

What do you know about Kenneth Su? I can tell the painting is very old. If anyone can find out something as truth I respect your abililty tremenduously Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Deb aka CheyFire

8 comments:

Unknown said...

http://na-moments.blogspot.com/2012/02/ann-need-your-help-to-find-history-on.html

Unknown said...

Talk about slow! Like I am on Turtle Island? Sorry for pun.

The artist may be Chickasaw as that Tribe always comes up when I search for him!

I am taking the search World wide myself. Your post here is on Google and they go World wide but maybe some of Buffalohair-Jage Press friends will help!

Hugs and Love,
Ann

Unknown said...

Got a message on searches

Kenneth Su Facebook, Twitter & MySpace on PeekYou
Music
Jan 6, 2011 – Looking for Kenneth Su ? PeekYou's people search has 129 people named Kenneth Su and you can find info, photos, links, family members ...

Unknown said...

This celebration of Chickasaw art and culture, opening 2:30 p.m. today, will be one of the first events conducted at the tribe’s new tourism offices in Oklahoma City’s Bricktown.
The offices are located on the first floor of the original Bunte Candy Factory building, 1 East Sheridan, Suite 100.
“These artists are incredibly talented,” said Bill Anoatubby, Governor of the Chickasaw Nation, in a news release. “It is truly inspiring to see such a variety of creative expressions of Chickasaw culture and heritage.”

Unknown said...

Okay as their art work is like being taught by the same teacher. I wrote a message To the Chickasaw Nation!

Anns surprise said...

Host Sites add on's Changing again:) The Newest:)

http://annsjournalscollection2.weebly.com/index.html

Anns surprise said...

I still see the info we asked about this gifted painter going around the World:) We made him World Wide Famous! :) lol

chad & amy said...

Did you find out anything from Chickasaw Nation? We have 2 oil-paintings on canvas of two chiefs, both self portraits. 36"x24" unbelievable detail. My wife and I would love to know whom to contact about this artist and the works we have. Most of his works seen or auctioned off contain the same persons in many works, in various landscapes. Please advise...