Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Lakota Way by Joseph Marshall III

Official Joseph Marshall III website.

The Lakota Way by Joseph Marshall III - Native American

 

Rarely do I attempt to do book reviews or brag about books, although my love of reading is ingrained in me.

This past weekend I was watching television and found this author speaking about his book The Lakota Way.

I then went to his web site and then to the local bookstore and have been reading it ever since. This "story telling" book tells the old stories passed down in Joseph Marshalls Lakota tribe.

Since Mr. Marshall is considered to be a story teller by his people, I have also ordered his tape which keeps the oral tradition of story telling it's rightful place.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has a love of the old ways and a respect for the honorable characteristics of the Lakota tribe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this book a couple of months ago and just loved it.  The stories are just wonderful. Take care, Wild